CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1！Beat your best in speed, accuracy and stability!
2022,Jan,18 CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1——The latest version is coming!
Since the first version has been released, CHITUBOX Basic has gained great praise from our users because it remains free and very easy to use. We want to provide the greatest slicer to all of you, so our team will continue to make unremitting efforts, courageous in innovation and seeking new breakthroughs.
Our key updated functionality this time includes a higher speed for slicing, a database with better accuracy and more stable experience. There are feedback about slicing speed and stability. Thus, our R&D team has been looking for a solution and breakthrough in this field. Finally, we made it! V1.9.1 will bring you a brand new CHITUBOX with a seamless user experience.
Optimized for the best performance. The speed for slicing, file saving and islands detecting have been upgraded significantly. In addition, it lowered software's memory consumption which helps to release more memory space and make the program run faster.
New features added include size display, time compensation for each layers printing which could largely enhance the veracity of printing time calculation for model slicing.
Some bugs have been fixed to protect slicers from system crashes. Including an optimization specially designed for the Mac version. It's a lot more stable than the previous version, and achieved performance improvements.
In addition, more high resolution printers were added to the list and optimized plugins for adding machines. Let's take a look at the details of the updates:
- Display size
CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1 added a new feature called display size which can accurately show the specific value of X-axis, Y-axis and Z-axis. It is much easier to check your model's size when you preprocess, to help you estimate the suitable printing parameters and requirements to do better printing.
- Layer Print Time Compensation
This function enables you to accurately predict the time for printing.
Layer Print Time Compensation
- Optimized plugin for adding new printers
Optimized the function of adding new printers using machine plug-ins, solved the problem that some printers could not be added directly.
More High Precision Printers
The update extends the printer's list including some 4K-8K high resolution machines that enable you to print more delicate models. Especially Phrozen Sonic Mini 8k, this printer choose TSMC mode (Learn more about TSMC) as default configuration, meanwhile, optimized ELEGOO Mars3 with TSMC mode as well.
New Added Printers:
- Added the Phrozen Sonic Mini 8k machine
- Added the ELEGOO JUPITER machine
- Added the EPAX X1 4KS Pro machine
- Added the EPAX DX1 Pro machine
- Added the EPAX DX10 Pro 5K machine
- Added the EPAX DX10 Pro 8K machine
- Added the EPAX E10 8K machine
- Added the EPAX X10 8K machine
- Added the EPAX X133-6K machine
A Seamless User Experience
- High Speed Slicing
Double the speed of your slicing.Solve the problem of slicers being unable to respond rapidly when processing multiple models at the same time.CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1 shortens the waiting time for model slicing,especially when you need to add a large quantity of supports,greater your efficiency.
High Speed Slicing
- Saving At Tremendous Speed
Following the demand of fast growth for wide-format,high resolution and multiple models slicing,CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1 has made technological breakthroughs such as 2-7 times speeding up even the massive data.Implement best practices to enhance efficiency.
Speed Up Saving
- Speed Up Islands Testing
CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1 improved islands testing rate that shortened the detection time largely. This update will bring you a better user experience for islands testing that will be used more than once.
Speed Up Islands Testing
Except for the functional update and printer list extension,we also fixed some major bugs that we found out in the prior version,this could significantly up the speed and stability (that) runs on Mac:
- Fixed the bug that the gcode parameter is not displayed
- Fixed the bug that the resin price is not changed successfully
- Fixed the bug that the platform will block the viewcube after switching the orthogonal view
- Fixed the bug that the saved image will be missing when dragging the slide preview slice image during the process of saving the slice
- Fixed the bug of wrong machine size of EPAX X1 4K
- Fixed the bug that the rest time after retract does not work of Phrozen Sonic Mega 8k
- Fixed the bug that the modified machine parameters were reset after restarting the software
- Fixed the bug that the bottom slice preview is displayed in red
- Fixed the bug that the slice does not report an error when the height of the model exceeds the height of the printing platform
- Fixed bugs causing software crash in some usage scenarios
CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.1 is officially released,you can download it from our website for free.If you have any questions or need any help,welcome to join our Facebook group (CHITUBOX Software Users) for discussion.
Models are from: